Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work.
Performing / Presenting / Producing
Performing (dance, music, theatre): Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation.
Presenting (visual arts): Interpreting and sharing artistic work.
Producing (media arts): Realizing and presenting artistic ideas and work.
Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning.
Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
- Anchor Standard #1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #3. Refine and complete artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #4. Select, analyze and interpret artistic work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #5. Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6. Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #7. Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #8. Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #9. Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10. Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Anchor Standard #11. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.
Browse the Handbooks:
Artistic Processes are the cognitive and physical actions by which arts learning and making are realized. National Core Arts Standards are based on the artistic processes of Creating; Performing/ Producing/Presenting; Responding; and Connecting.