Questions about the content of the standards
What are the national core arts standards?
The national core arts standards are a process that guides educators in providing a unified quality arts education for students in Pre-K through high school. Read more about the Conceptual Framework for Arts Learning.
When were the core art standards revised?
On June 4th, 2014, the National Coalition for Core Arts Standards published the first revision to the national arts standards in twenty years. The work was the result of a three year transparent state led process which encompassed massive outreach to the field, ensuring that these standards were created for educators by educators. The new voluntary national core arts standards will serve to inform curriculum, instruction and assessment nationwide and improve student learning and achievement in the arts by defining artistic literacy, shaping policy and research, influencing teacher training, practice and evaluation, and clarifying connections between the arts and 21st century skills.
Having trouble downloading the standards?
Why can't I view the "Standards at a Glance" PDFs from the homepage?
Most web browsers have added an extra level of security that blocks pop-up windows. Please see the links below:
- For Safari 8 users - please see this tutorial.
- For Chrome users - please see this tutorial.
- For Firefox users - please see this tutorial.
Still having difficulty?
- To download the Dance standards please click here.
- To download the Media Arts Standards please click here.
- To download the Music Standards please click on the links below:
- To download the Theatre Standards please click here.
- To download the Visual Arts Standards please click here.